Saturday, November 22, 2008

Nie Day At Habit Salon



This morning after swimming lessons, we decided that we should probably take Brynn to get her hair trimmed. We were going to take her one of those places for kids but then I remembered that today was "Nie Day" at Habit Salon, which was right down the street. All proceeds today from 7am to 7pm were donated to helping the Nielson's. We decided that because it was such a good cause, we should go. I wasn't planning to get mine done (as you can tell, I still had my sunglasses on my head while she was trimming Brynn's hair) but we figured what the heck, why not?

Here are some pictures from our fun morning (Chad even thought it was cool!), it was a neat salon and as long as our budget permits, they've got some returning customers in the West family. I'm sure they raised quite a bit of money, they were pretty packed when we were there. They were also selling some "Nie" gear and had some raffles. We bought a ticket and won some children's books (Chad was excited, he was hoping that we'd win those for Brynn)!!

She did really great while she was getting her trim, I wasn't sure how she'd do since she's only had one other hair cut and it was by Grampie Don last year!! For whatever reason, she was super cuddly... I think she was getting sleepy!!

I'm so excited that they did this special day for the Nielson's!! Like I'm said in my previous posts, I've never met them before, I've only read articles and blogs but I think that Stephanie would really like that salon. It seems to have her sense of style, antique-y and sophisticated. Super cute. Hopefully she'll be able to make it over there sometime to check it out.









3 comments:

Sally said...

YAY West's! It is a great cause...now show us Brynn's trim!

Rachel said...

That is so cool! I have been following the story and reading her blog for awhile now. I appreciate that you put updates about the situation on your blog. I LOVE the team Nie shirts!

Anonymous said...

Yea, Let's see the new dew!