Wednesday, December 17, 2008

DANG IT!! (Take Two)

Ugh. I had an annoying last five minutes at work tonight. There was a sign by the timeclock that in my mind, I read as "Due to the economy being a big piece of shit right now, you are not getting a bonus this year".

WELL, that money was going to be our "Going to Ohio", a.k.a. vacation money. So, it looks like I may not need to decide between the reunion or the fair. It may be neither.

I know you're not supposed to plan on bonuses but damn it, I'm a good employee and I work my ass off.

I know there was a lot of swearing in there but I'm frustrated. We can't seem to get ahead. We were doing great and now I'm not working for 2 1/2 weeks.

Chad told me I need to look at the positives and realize that I'm lucky. I FINALLY like what I do... and I have a job. So yeah, I'm trying to be more positive, it's just hard sometimes.

P.S. I bought a lottery ticket tonight. That would be a MAJOR positive. ;o)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello

azjenn said...

Will you remember the little people when you win the lottery tonight! I forgot to buy the winning ticket so you must be winning then! :-)

Sally said...

Yeah it sucks, but Chad's right. You have a job and you like it. Not many people can really say that. AND you will be home next year sometime...I KNOW IT and your momma's ALWAYS right! :)

Amanda West said...

Didn't have any numbers...

Anonymous said...

Someone won here in ohio for something, i knew i should have bought a ticket!

Sally said...

Some guy from Woo won $250,000! Bought it somewhere on Cleveland Rd

Becki said...

It is frustrating. And there's no escaping it lately....

Court D said...

I would be so upset too.. It's so hard not to count on those bonuses esp. when you get them every stinking year but this rotten one.